EntrepreneurSan Luis Obispo, CA
What up! I'm Cameron Wiese (pronounced "we see").
Welcome to this extremely minimal website. Wanting to have some sort of web presence during my internship hunt back in 2015, I tossed this thing together (clearly). I figured it'd be beneficial to have some running record of what I'm up to for those who are interested (aside from twitter, linkedin, etc). I let this thing exist and update it on occasion. If you're reading this and want to know more, you should just shoot me an email. Off to the bulleted updates...
- Electric bikes are booming. I'm excited to help run growth and ops of BoltAbout which leases electric bikes on a monthly basis.
- Startups are difficult. For 2.5 years I worked on PolyRents to simplify the rental application process. More learnings doing this than I can expand on here. Love talking about this journey, though! Even though I needed to change projects, the rental space will always hold a special place in my heart.
- Wanting to regain my confidence after a failed project, I started and led the organization of TEDxCalPoly in the Fall of 2016.
- I semi-actively host on Airbnb. If you're an entrepreneur/investor/mentor and somehow found this page, hit me up. I'd love to offer you a place to crash in San Luis Obispo for free. It's the perfect place to crash if you're traveling between SF and LA!
- Freshman year of high school I enrolled myself in a military boarding school, got accepted, and convinced my parents to ship me off 3000 miles away from home. I graduated from Riverside Military Academy in 2013.
- I'm deeply passionate about startups. Each piece of the process fascinates me and although I tend to take a lead on the business side, I have an underlying love for the code and design.
- I'm wrapping up my 5th year at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. I've taken Computer Science, Business, and Psychology courses. After three years of not having a major, I made the switch into Psychology in the Spring of 2016. I'll finish classes in March and walk in June 2018.
- I love organizing events. At Cal Poly, I've led the end-to-end execution for Startup Weekends, a career fair for startups, a student showcase, and industry tours for Cal Poly Entrepreneurs.
- Fall of 2015, I set my mind on touring Airbnb and having Cal Poly Entrepreneurs meet Brian Chesky. I assembled a team to design, develop, and deliver a box of cereal to Airbnb HQ.
- After working with startups I'm passionate about for a few years, I'm going to help develop asteroid-mining technologies, implement universal basic income, and give the right people the resources they need to solve the world's critical issues.
Here's everything I post to on a "semi-regular" basis (quotes for well intentioned medium blogging that quickly falls down on the list of priorities). Holler at me if you want to connect. I'm always game for burritos, extreme sports, and intellectual conversations.